Thursday, October 22, 2009

i'm a woman in a predicament

lately, i've been having rather feverish (probably swine-flu-induced) dreams in which i am some sort of semi-helpless female.

in one, i was forced to be a mail-order bride. the woman who was collecting girls to ship off was looking only for non-caucasians, but i couldn't seem to convince her that i am not mexican. she'd kidnapped me from disneyland (why all the disneyland dreams lately?) and was holding me hostage at a hotel in anaheim.



in another, i wake up (just in the dream, which is in black-and-white) and find that i can't move, speak, or even open my eyes for more than a few seconds (that part of the dream has actually been recurring since i can remember). meanwhile, everyone is fleeing the country because of some sort of epidemic, and they forget me.


in the most recent, i was hester prynne and dimmesdale was one of my close friends from real life. he was acting quite the villain, and no one would believe that he'd fathered my child.
in each of these, i was just about at my breaking point, but


then i woke up.